Nowadays, everyone is busy in their professional lives so it’s difficult to watch live cricket matches. Luckily we bring cricket highlights today for you. You can watch it here India vs Sri Lanka Asia Cup Video Highlights – September 17, 2023. Yes, you can watch it here IND vs SL asia cup video highlights in HD.
IND vs SL Asia Cup Highlights – September 17, 2023
|Series||Asia Cup, 2023|
|Match||India vs Sri Lanka, Final|
|When||Sun, Sep 17, 2023|
|Time||09:30 AM (GMT)|
|Where||R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo|
|Toss||SL won the toss and opted to bat|
|Result||India Team won by 10 wickets|
India Playing XI: Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, KL Rahul (wk), Shubman Gill, Mohammed Siraj, Rohit Sharma (c), Ravindra Jadeja, Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, Ishan Kishan
- Bench: Shreyas Iyer, Mohammed Shami, Tilak Varma, Shardul Thakur, Prasidh Krishna, Suryakumar Yadav
Sri Lanka Playing XI: Dushan Hemantha, Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dunith Wellalage, Kusal Perera, Dasun Shanaka (c), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Pramod Madushan, Matheesha Pathirana, Dhananjaya de Silva
- Bench: Dimuth Karunaratne, Kasun Rajitha, Sahan Arachchige, Binura Fernando
Some Interesting Facts
|Last 5 matches Status||WLWWW||LWWWW|
India vs Sri Lanka Asia Cup Highlights – September 17, 2023
IND vs SL Final Asia Cup Highlights – September 17, 2023
Sri Lanka Inning Highlights:
- Innings Duration: Sri Lanka’s innings lasted for 15.2 overs.
- Total Runs: Sri Lanka managed to score a total of 50 runs.
- Run Rate: The run rate throughout the innings was 3.26 runs per over, indicating that the Sri Lankan batsmen struggled to score freely.
- Wicket Loss: Sri Lanka lost all their wickets in this innings.
- Top Order Failures:
- Kusal Perera, the opening batsman, was the first wicket to fall, scoring 0 runs.
- Pathum Nissanka contributed just 2 runs before being dismissed.
- The top order faced severe difficulties, with multiple batsmen getting dismissed for ducks (0 runs).
- Outstanding Bowler:
- Mohammed Siraj was the standout bowler for India, taking a total of 6 wickets during his spell.
- Top Scorer:
- Dushan Hemantha was the highest scorer for Sri Lanka, finishing the innings unbeaten with 13 runs.
- Extras: Sri Lanka’s innings featured a total of 5 extras, including 3 wides, which contributed to their total score.
- Batting Struggles: The Sri Lankan batting lineup faced significant challenges against the Indian bowlers, leading to a dramatic collapse.
- Low Total: Sri Lanka’s final score of 50 runs was well below par for a One Day International (ODI) innings, indicating a disappointing batting performance.
- Early Wickets: Sri Lanka lost their top-order wickets very early in the innings, which put them under immense pressure.
- Inability to Build Partnerships: The Sri Lankan batsmen struggled to build partnerships, resulting in the team’s inability to post a competitive total.
- Lack of Contributions: Apart from a few minor contributions, most of the Sri Lankan batsmen failed to make an impact with the bat.
- Overall Performance: Sri Lanka’s batting performance in this innings can be described as lackluster and subpar, and they faced a challenging situation against the strong Indian bowling attack.
India Inning Highlights:
- India need 51 runs to win Asia Cup 2023 in 50 overs
- India scored a total of 51 runs from 6.1 overs in their inning.
- The run rate for India during this inning was 8.27 runs per over (RR: 8.27).
- Openers Ishan Kishan and Shubman Gill remained unbeaten, with Ishan Kishan scoring 23 runs from 18 balls and Shubman Gill scoring 27 runs from 19 balls.
- Ishan Kishan hit 3 fours during his inning.
- Shubman Gill displayed an aggressive performance, hitting 6 boundaries (6 fours).
- India’s total included 1 extra run (a leg bye).
- None of the other batsmen, including Rohit Sharma (c), Virat Kohli, KL Rahul †, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, and Mohammed Siraj, had the opportunity to bat in this inning.
- Sri Lanka’s bowlers struggled to take wickets, with none of them managing to dismiss an Indian batsman during this inning.
- Pramod Madushan and Matheesha Pathirana conceded 21 runs each in their 2 overs, both with an economy rate of 10.50.
- Dunith Wellalage bowled 2 overs, conceding 7 runs with an economy rate of 3.50.
- Charith Asalanka bowled only 1 ball, conceding 1 run.
- India won the Asia Cup 2023 by wickets